Tuesday 22 October 2013

Capulet's Diary

I do not understand.

I simply do not. How can that witch decide for me whom she will marry? My only task is to find a suitable partner for her, and here I am! I have! And now, what does she tell me? She is too young? She is proud yet not proud?

If she were to marry Paris, than she would be safe and I know she would be happy, for he is a gentleman, and she would be secure. But now, she does not want that possibility.

And why? Maybe the most insufferable idea is that she simply has no reasoning! Why would one not want to marry such a suitable bachelor? Has she no brain?

I am upset because it is not clear to me what more I could do. I thought she would be thrilled, and that I would save her from her sorrow. But clearly, that is not the case. If she thought that she could carry on in life as a maiden, then she thought wrong. For, one day, neither wife nor I will be around and she shall have no one.

All I want is for Juliet to be happy and to be married, but she cannot see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment